Wednesday, July 21, 2010

more than anything, i just want my life to be meaningful.


it's probably a result of being so far removed from comforts that causes one to not question what it is they do to pay rent and put food on the table -- like being close to loads of family and friends.

i am lucky. i have my sister under the same roof as me, and i have a few friends here that make life very happy. but looking at pictures from my 'vacation' 'home,' makes me realize that if i'm here and not doing something meaningful, i might as well not be here at all.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I feel really selfish for spending so much time away from the people who matter most to me in my quest for meaning. And I wonder if it will add up to anything after all.
    Luckily you've done a better job than anyone I know at finding really interesting, challenging work that definitely is meaningful. Remember when Sean said, "She's afraid of losing her Chinese voice!"? Moments like that are what life is all about.

    ReplyDelete